Getting Started With Business Catalyst
Logging in to the Admin Console The Admin Console is the name of the online interface that enables you to update your account settings, maintain your site and review
site analytics. To access the Admin Console and begin editing your online business, use a browser to visit the Admin page for your website. For example,
enter the following URL into the address field:
Note: Replace my-site in the URL above with the name you entered in the site settings you chose for your site.
Enter your name and password into the registration window that appears (see Figure 4).
Figure 4. Enter the e-mail address and password you used when you registered your site.
Figure 5. Business Catalyst Dashboard.
- Site Visits Overview- This graph gives you a quick overview of your sites visitors. You can extend the date range by clicking the down arrow to the
right of the date range. To view additional reports on your site, click View More Reports in the upper right of the charts.
- General Overview - Covers visits, online sales, inquiries, subscriptions, forum posts, events, secure zone logins and affiliate referrals. Displays
actual amounts/numbers, along with respective graphics for percentage increase or decrease.
- Campaign Summary - Displays the number of ongoing campaigns.
- Live Feed - Displays real-time info about users interacting with campaigns, forms, secure zones, payments etc.
- Upcoming Tasks - Displays any scheduled tasks
- Business Catalyst News Feed - Displays system notifications from BC
- Usage stats - Displays site usage statistics for disk and bandwidth usage, admin users, e-mail accounts and newsletter credits.
- Preview - Opens your live website (front end).
- Content - Starts up the In Content Editor.
- Develop - Starts up the Developer Mode.
- Manage - Opens the admin dashboard (best used from developer mode to return to standard admin mode).
- Your Admin Name - Hovering this item will open a drop-down menu from where you can access your account details, tasks, open the older admin interface,
or sign out.
- Help & Support - Allows you to search the knowledgebase, access popular resources and open the help & support page, from where you can access all support areas: Forum, Live Chat Support, Ticketing.
- Recent Items - Displays the recent 12 items accessed in the Admin.
- Dashboard - Admin Main area, displays items 1 through 7 (listed above).
- Site Manager - General Area for: Pages,Page Secure Zones, URL Redirects, Site Search, System Pages, System E-mails.
- Web Apps - Displays a list of your webapps and an option to create a new one.
- Modules - General Area for: Blogs, Events, Photo Galleries, News, Media Downloads, Comments, FAQs, Ad Rotators, Forums.
- CRM - General Area for: Search, Customers, Orders, Cases, Event Bookings, Opportunities, Sales Forecasts, Extend CRM Database.
- E-Commerce - General Area for: Catalogs, Discount Codes, Gift Vouchers, Affiliate Programs, Payment Gateways, Tax Codes, Shipping Options, Shop Settings
- E-mail Marketing - General Area for: E-mail Campaigns, Mailing Lists
- Reports - Visitors, Traffic sources, Website Content, Web Forms Usage, E-Commerce, E-Mail Campaigns, Custom Reports, Admin Reports
- Site Settings - Settings for: Site Domains, E-Mail Accounts, Admin Users, User Roles, Categories, Manage Workflows, Social Integration, Mobile Support, Captcha, Site Map, RSS Channels, Customer Service Ticketing, QuickBooks, API Integration, Site Management, Secure Domain Redirection, Beta Features
When you first log in to the Admin Console, visit the menu that displays your name, and select My Details. This is your personal account area, where you can update your contact information and password. The option to receive a weekly site report is enabled by default. If you prefer not to receive these weekly messages, deselect the option and click Save (see Figure 6).
Figure 6. Enable or disable the weekly report feature on the My Details page.
Note: The Admin Console is browser-based; no additional software is required to use it. However, remember to click Save after making your selections. If you click Back or close the browser window before saving your changes, your changes will be discarded.
If you need to change your password, use one of the two following methods:
Method 1: Enter the new password in the My Details page
- After logging in to the Admin Console for your site, select the menu that displays your name, and then click My Details.
- Scroll down to the Change password option.
- Enter the new password and confirm it, then click the Save button.
- Visit the Admin page for your site:
- Click the Lost Password link.
- Enter the e-mail address that you use to access your site's Admin Console.
- The system will send you a message with the steps to follow.
- Check your e-mail and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Information from Adobe Business Catalyst Website